Among Europeans, clichés are long-lived!
Étienne Chaillou and Mathias Théry have travelled around Europe and met citizens in the 28 countries of the Union. They have asked them to imagine their close or more distant neighbours. Each of them has told about others for the microphone, drawing on anecdotes, fantasies, real-life stories or stereotypes. Back in France, directors have selected one portrait per country, which they have then painted directly onto the speaker’s photo, thus morphing the narrator into his subject.
Match the painted characters with the corresponding photos in the fresco and discover an original portrait of 2014 Europe, playfully showing how we perceive each others.
- Direction, painting, photos - Etienne Chaillou & Mathias Théry
- Concept - Etienne Chaillou & Mathias Théry
- Draft painting - Martin Maniez
- Artistic direction - Brieuc Dupont (Blacktool)
- Web developer - Frédéric Quin (GlobGlob Créations)
- Coproduction - Quark, ARTE France
- With the participation of CNC