Their lives and their survival on a daily basis
This project reports on life as experienced by men, women and children in Gaza (Palestine) and Sderot (Israel): their lives and their survival on a daily basis. Under difficult living conditions and the threat of air attacks and bombings, people do keep on working, loving and dreaming. Life in spite of everything.
In order to document this will to live, short chronicles (2 minutes each) will be shot by both Israeli and Palestinian teams, day after day for two months. These short stories will follow six characters from Gaza and six from Sderot. In this way, we will have a new story of each character every week, and the viewer will be able to follow them intimately for 10 weeks. The stories will be aired via the Internet and users will have a personal, interactive and non-linear access to these contents on the site ARTE which will include the videos, blogs, forums, links etc.
Nominations and Awards
"Prix Europa" Berlin 2008
- A coproduction between ARTE France, Alma Films, Trabelsi Productions, Ramattan Studios, Bo Travail !, Upian.
- Production (Sderot) - Arik Bernstein (Alma Films), Osnat Trabelsi (Trabelsi)
- Production (Gaza) - Yousef Atwa (Ramattan Studios)
- Production (France) - Serge Gordey (Bo Travail !), Alexandre Brachet (Upian.)
- With the support of the CNC