Late afternoon in the greenhouse of the Jardin des Plantes in Paris. A curious visitor stays behind after the gardens close. But the place is haunted by the ghost of Henri Rousseau and the spectator tumbles suddenly into a dream peopled by the characters, animals and plants imagined by Henri Rousseau.
Rousseau thrilled the art world with his naive and almost psychedelic visions of exotic jungles. The artist, who never left Paris, drew his inspiration from the city’s botanical gardens. Experience a magical night in a tropical greenhouse brought to life by the painter’s visions. Once the last visitors have left, the greenhouse reveals its secrets with the gradual emergence of a dream-like world of fantastic plants and imaginary animals.
- Based on the painting : "The Dream" - Henri Rousseau knows as Le Douanier
- Written and Directed by - Nicolas Autheman
- Original Music - Fabien Bourdier
- Coproduction - ARTE France - Les Films du Tambour de Soie
- Henri Rousseau - Paul Mark Elliot