The ARTE apps that users download contain tools that help us to better understand their interests, which allows us to provide them with the best possible service.
What is SDK?
The sole purpose of the software development kits (SDK) provided by our data processors is to better understand the different sources of mediatisation, measure the quantity and quality of downloads and therefore optimise our offer.
What data do we collect?
Our data processors collect the following data using their SDK tools in order to understand what kind of hardware you are using (mobile or tablet):
- Hardware identifiers (IDFA, IDFV, Android ID and IMEI),
- IP address,
- Session connection ID (if available),
- Encrypted name of the telephone,
- Terminal characteristics: language, country code, operating system version, app version, terminal model and user agent,
- Facebook conversion tracker (conversion tracking helps businesses measure the return on investment of Facebook Ads by reporting on the actions people take after ads are viewed. No longer available on the Facebook website.)
What do we do with the data?
The data is in no circumstances used for personal motives and our data processors do not transfer, sell, rent or communicate in any way the data to third parties, either directly or indirectly, fully or partially, free of charge or in exchange for payment. All data collected by our data processors is automatically deleted following a maximum period of three months.
ARTE exports the following data onto its servers – chosen language, country code, and smartphone and app version. The sole purpose of collecting this data is to improve feedback on the different sources of mediatisation and therefore improve ARTE’s apps.
ARTE does not use the data collected for any other purpose and deletes all information following a maximum period of six months.
In accordance with the amended French Data Protection Act of 6 January 1978, and the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (EU-2016/679, GDPR), users have the right to access, amend, oppose or delete personal data by sending a letter along with a copy of their proof of ID to:
ARTE GEIE - Service marketing numérique, 4 quai du chanoine Winterer, 67000 Strasbourg.
Users can also send an email to the Data Protection Officer (DPO).